Featured Post

Content moving to Medium first

Hello readers! I'm renewing my efforts to share content about reuse via this blog, but from July 2023 forward, new posts will appear on ...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Having Your Head in a Book


While reading an altered book arts listserv post today, I came across a link to the art of Chen Long- Bin. (Can I just add that "Bin" is a great name for someone as into reuse and recycling as this talented man? I immediately think of the blue bin of paper for recycling sitting behind my desk.) Long-Bin sculpts the most amazing heads out of stacks of old phone books, magazines and printouts. Talk about having your head in a book! Be sure to have a look at the article from the November 2006 issue of Talkies linked to from this page (the image included here is from that article). This was a particularly interesting find for me, since only yesterday I was gazing at a stack of phone books in my office, thinking that I really needed to start mining them for paper to use in my own reuse crafts. I'm no sculptor, however, so Mr. Long-Bin needn't worry about competition from me anytime soon. What an inspiration!

No comments: